Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Changes

How things can change in the blink of an eye... It's simply amazing. I truly believe that God can never give you more than you can handle. If he did, I know for a fact that I would be broken after the way 2011 started. We've been through so much as a family that I know over time we can only grow and become stronger. After the tragic loss of a family member, I also happened to lose my job due to an acquisition. Luckily, in the down economy, I managed to get two job offers. One was really not the type of place I envisioned myself and the other I really didn't know if I would like it, but I took the leap. So far, it seems as if it's a place that I can grow and learn. And for the first time in two years, it's not a small company. I got out of working for big brother initially because I didn't like the idea of being just a number. What I didn't realize is that all place are not like that. You can be a large organization and still have a family feel. Where I am now, you get to meet with lots of people throughout the organization as a get to know you process. It's to get to know you on a more personal level. However, the one question that pains me that keeps coming up over and over again is do you have any kids? Before I was married, I never truly realized how strong of a question this could be. I always feel the urge to follow it up with the information that we've only been married 1.5 years. I'm sure kids are in the future in some fashion...sometimes I just feel that information is personal, and I know they don't mean to offend. But I just wish they would stop asking. Does having a ring on your finger automatically mean that you have kids? Unfortunately, what many don't realize is kids are something that magically manifest once married. There is a lot of factors that play in to that. And like I said, some day there will be kids. Right now, however, I'm trying to get our life back to normal. Everything crumbled for a while and now the dust is settling. We took a little trip and got out of town for a few days. It was nice to just escape, even if the hubs did check his work email the whole time. I guess that's something I will never get used to. I just assume that vacation is a time where you should disconnect from work and forget about the stress and life you left behind in wherever you're from. Maybe it's just me. My philosophy...work to live, not live to work. Maybe I just don't do something that's my passion, but many people don't. Well we have a busy year ahead of us. Hopefully our house will sell in the near future and we can move on. Our new house will be finished in a few months and it will be nice to have more room. Then in June we head to Jamaica...Wohoo!! Never been so I'm sure we will have a great time. I turned my passport in at the end of March so hopefully it will come in the mail sometime soon. It sucked because I've only had it 1.5 years, but somehow I forgot to realize that I changed my last name, so hence the new passport. Another $110 down the drain! Just goes to prove the list to change the name is never ending! :) Hopefully this is the last item.

No comments:

Post a Comment